“How can they call upon the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?” Rom. 10:14 There are still about 6900 unreached people groups in the world today and if they are going to follow Jesus Christ, they have got to hear about Him at some point. Global Frontier Missions is dedicated to raising up an army of people to take the Gospel to every tribe, tongue, people, and language.
Missiologists say that about 90% of our missionary work force is going to parts of the world that are already considered “reached” with the Gospel leaving only 10% to minister among the 2.9 billion people that have never heard the name of Jesus Christ. One of the theories as to why so many people are going long-term to places that already have access to the Gospel is because the majority of short-term mission trips are going to those places. People seem to fall in love with and get passionate about people and places that they have been exposed to first hand. So, if the majority of short-term mission trips are going to places like Mexico, Guatemala, and Kenya, then we are more than likely going to see a lot of our long-term labourers going to those same areas. Maybe we need to look at GOING on short term mission trips to unreached people groups?
We love coaching people through the process, so let us know if you think you might be ready to “GO!”. We have many staff needs and would love for you to join us and also have connections with many other missions organizations and can help get you to the place that is the best fit for you.